Thursday, April 24, 2014

Decadent and Healthy??! The Most Amazing Black Bean Brownies

                                       
From: Chocolate Covered Katie
 
Have you ever had one of those Friday nights when you have absolutely nothing
to do?! Yes, I think we have all had that feeling at some point in our lives. Last week was crazy for me because my dad was in the hospital and my mom wanted to stay with him overnight. I don't blame her, the nurses actually made some rookie mistakes. (SMH.) Anyway, that left me home alone with my grandfather. Not like there is anything wrong with that because we had a nice Chinese meal together and we got to catch up. He is no different that the average senior citizen because he falls asleep really easily in front of the TV. I really didn't feel like watching more TV or going on the computer. At the same time, I had a chocolate craving, but wanted something healthy and sweet. Look no further than http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/ !
I already knew she had brownie recipes , but I was looking for one with black beans because I knew I had those in the pantry. Low and behold there it was. Before all of you think I'm crazy for putting black beans in this classic chocolate treat, I want you to know these are absolutely delicious. You cannot taste the black beans at all! Just pure, fudgey deliciousness. Plus, these brownies don't get dry after 2 days so share them with everyone! I am definitely going to make these again.
PS: for my version of this recipe I pureed the chocolate chips in with the batter (oops) but it made it taste awesome. I also put some chocolate chips on top of the hot brownies to melt and spread on top.
 
Ingredients:
1 (15 oz) can of black beans ( RINSED AND DRAINED WELL!!)
2 tbsp. cocoa powder
1/2 cup quick oats
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup honey
3 packets low cal sweetener, plus 1 tbsp. regular sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2- 1 cup chocolate chips
 
Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2.Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until very, very smooth. Make sure there are not too many lumps (from the beans). Taste the batter to make sure it is to your liking.
I know it will be ;)
3. Pour into a greased 8x8 pan.
4.Sprinkle chocolate chips over top.
5. Bake 15-18 minutes.
6. Spread melted chips with a knife and let cool.
7. The melted chocolate chips add a nice hardened glaze.
 
Serves: 9-12
 

No comments :

Post a Comment