Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Using What I Have: Raspberry Oatmeal Parfait

Adapted from: Dashing Dish
I want everyone to know this... I LOVE BREAKFAST. Unlike some of my peers I am a breakfast person. Without this meal at the beginning of my day I would probably pass out. Yes, it's true. I cannot focus without eating in the morning. I am on a health kick, but that does not  mean I am sacrificing a full stomach with food that tastes good. I recently stumbled upon a site called DashingDish.com. This blog site is not funded by advertisements, so if you want access to all of the wonderful recipes you need to pay a small monthly charge. I'm cheap, though and will find the free recipes and try them out. I made this recipe my own by adding raspberries instead of blueberries, and plain yogurt instead of greek yogurt.The oatmeal prepared with bananas and almond milk is absolutely delicious, I would eat that by itself! This recipe is around 320 calories, but think of it of a healthy sort of fill. You are getting a good source of grains, calcium, vitamin c! This parfait is pretty and even better to eat.
Ingredients:
Oatmeal Layer
1/2 cup quick oats
3/4 cup almond milk
1/2 small banana, mashed
2-4 packets stevia sugar
Yogurt Layer
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2-4 packets stevia
Raspberry Layer
1/2-1 cup raspberries
 
Steps: Have all wet and dry ingredients ready for use . Prepare oatmeal layer first. MICE EN PLACE!
1. For the oatmeal layer: Add oatmeal and almond milk in a bowl and microwave 2-2.5 minutes ( or until oats are cooked).
2. Stir in mashed  banana and set aside.
3. Yogurt Layer: In a separate bowl stir together the yogurt and sweetener.
Assemble the Parfait:
4. In a large glass,bowl, or mason jar begin to layer the parfait starting with the yogurt,raspberries and oatmeal. Continue this process until all the ingredients are gone.
DEVOUR!!
Serving Size:1 huge parfait

 
 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment