Friday, June 21, 2013

Super Duper Easy Apple "Tart"

                                           
Adapted from: The Pioneer Woman
I made this dessert the same day I made the Chicken BLT salad. My boyfriend came to for the day, and I wanted to make lunch for him because I'm pretty sure he missed my cooking. ( lol) Me being me, I couldn't complete the meal without a dessert. I wanted to make something simple that tasted great. During my blog search I came upon this wonderful and simple tart recipe. This is awesome because you only need a few ingredients! Unfortunately, I thawed my pastry a little too much so my portions were not as big as I wanted. If you do this 100% accurate you will get 3 nice sized "tarts". This dessert is quite inexpensive too.
 Ingredients:
1 sheet puff pastry, store bought is fine. (it tastes great to me)
3-4 baking apples, sliced thin,skin on
 1 cup light brown sugar - to sprinkle on tarts
 * vanilla frosting to drizzle on top, optional
Steps: Have apples sliced and puff pastry thawed. MICE EN PLACE
1.  Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
2. Separate puff pastry into 3 equal rectangles.
3. Mix apple slices with enough brown sugar to coat them nicely. 
4. Squirt lemon juice on apples, so they don't turn brown.
5. Arrange apple slices in a straight line on each puff pastry rectangle.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Watch the pastry so it does not burn.
7. Let cool, and drizzle with vanilla frosting.
Serving size: 3 tarts


No comments :

Post a Comment