Friday, June 21, 2013

Long Time NO Blog! :( : CHICKEN BLT SALAD

                  Hello all! Wow it seems like its been a long time since I've actually blogged about a new recipe. Like I've said, I have a job now, so sometimes its hard to get up and cook again. NO FEAR, here is a new recipe. I originally wanted to make a pasta salad or hot pasta dish, but either one would not be best because it would be boring or too hot to eat in this weather. A light bulb went off in my head and I found an idea. BLT SALAD!! I was sure my boyfriend and parents would enjoy this. I was right too. My man asked for seconds and my parents enjoyed it.YAY! Plus, I had left over pasta and breaded chicken cutlets to add in. Also, I spent less money on this because I had those ingredients in my house. All I needed was mayo, bacon, tomatoes , and lettuce. I suggest adding a splash of lemon or lime on top to give this salad an extra yummy kick. :) This is my own recipe, so if you wish to copy it on your blog, please give me creds.
                                                                You will need:
                                              1 bag of lettuce ( I chose American romaine)
                                              1/2- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
                                              1 medium chicken cutlet, cut into cubes
                                              Enough pasta to fill the bowl you are using
                                              1-2 squirts, fresh lime/lemon juice
                                              5 slices cooked bacon
                                              3-4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
                                      Steps: Have lettuce washed, tomatoes and chix cut, bacon cooked, AND A  BIG BOWL READY! MICE EN PLACE!
                                        1. Combine lettuce, chicken, chopped bacon, mayo, pasta , and tomatoes in a bowl.
                                        2. Stir until thoroughly combined.
                                     
                                        3. Squirt a bit of fresh lemon or lime juice on top.
                                       
                                        4. DEVOUR!
                               
                                         Serving Size:  2-3 large servings


No comments :

Post a Comment