Thursday, April 24, 2014

This Is the Real Deal: "Skinny" Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt ( No Ice Cream Maker Required!)

I recently created a Pinterest account and have been exploring the many pins and things my friends are interested in. One of the most popular things people post are pics of food/recipes. Pinterest is great because if you are looking for a specific recipe or doing some recipe research, Pinterest has you covered. And if you aren't convinced by all the mouth-watering pictures, there is something wrong with you. Anyway, I make it a point to actually make the recipes I pin. I recently came across this picture and recipe on Pinterest. It's from the Domestic Rebel. Recently, I've been trying to exercise more, eat less crap food, and control my portions. I admit its difficult because I love dessert! After seeing this recipe I fell in love. It has everything you love about cookie dough, plus the creaminess of fat free greek yogurt. It is so simple to make and your taste buds will thank you. The texture is wonderfully smooth, considering you don't need an ice cream maker to make this. Just try not to eat it all before it goes in the freezer. Just a note, I used regular size chocolate chips in this recipe instead of mini chips. ( I'm a chocolate fiend)
 
From: The Domestic Rebel
Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp. milk
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 - 1 cup regular size chocolate chips
1 cup fat free vanilla Greek yogurt ( I used Stony Brook Farms ;)
 
Steps: Have butter softened, and appropriate utencils/bowls out. EASY MICE EN PLACE
1.  In a large bowl,stir the softened butter and sugar together. Mix well.
2. Add in the vanilla and milk, stir to combine.
3. Using a large spoon, add in the flour and stir well.
4. Add in the chocolate chops and stir..
 
5. Lastly, add in the yogurt. Mix until the consistency is like pudding.
6. Transfer into a freezer safe container and freeze overnight.
 
7. DEVOUR THIS DELICIOUSNESS.
 
Serves: 3 cups
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment