Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I have the urge to cook and blog! Cheesy corn dip



Adapted from: Food.Com (Trisha Yearwood's Recipe)

I have a thing for corn.. no basically vegetables in general. I was never the kid who didn't eat her vegetables. Last year I attended a graduation party and the host served this wonderful corn dip! It was creamy, sweet, and salty at the same time. I was stupid not to ask for the recipe, but time went on and I forgot about it. At my house we had a lot of chips around and I luckily remembered I always wanted to make this savory dip. My family loved it and I hope you do to. I halved the recipe , and it was plenty for 3 people for 2 nights! Plus its EASY to make with just a few ingredients.
Go ahead dip it in chips, or eat it with a spoon.
* blue indicates changes I made to the recipe

Ingredients:
 ( 1)2 cans of mexican corn ( I used regular sweet corn, it was fine)
(1) 2 Cans chopped green chilies
1 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (Mexican Cheese Blend)
(1/3) 3/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
(1/2) 1 Cup Mayo
CHIPS!!
^ JUST SO SIMPLE AND DELICOUS!







^ Ready for the oven!

Have all your ingredients out and measured.. Simple Mice En Place
Steps:
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a small casserole dish.
2.In a medium bowl, mix the corn, chiles, cheeses, and mayonnaise until fully combined. Spread the mixture in the prepared casserole dish and bake, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly around the edges. Serve the dip warm from the oven with corn chips.
Serves 3 .. FOR 2 DAYS!




No comments :

Post a Comment